What Can TMS Treatment Do For You?
If you haven’t yet heard about transcranial magnetic stimulation or TMS therapy, you will. TMS therapy is an FDA-approved safe, effective non-drug depression treatment. It was designed for patients who had not responded well to more traditional treatments such as therapy or medications. TMS has been used to successfully treat other disorders including anxiety, post traumatic stress disorder, among others. TMS treatment provides benefits without the typical side effects associated with pharmaceutical antidepressants. In many cases patients receive a complete remission of symptoms.
- Uses precisely targeted magnetic pulses similar to MRI
- Stimulates key areas of the brain linked to depression
- Is performed right in our office for your convenience
Some important things you should know about TMS treatment for depression:
- You’ll remain awake and alert during TMS treatment
- You can return to work and normal activities right after TMS treatment
- Your in-office treatment takes less than 40 minutes
- Your TMS therapy is 5 days per week for 4 to 6 weeks
With thousands of patients already successfully treated, this novel approach to achieving remission brings new hope to people suffering from depression and anxiety. Even though it is an anxiety treatment without medication, TMS treatment may not be right for everyone. Talk to a physician at Dr. Aimee & Associates about this proven depression and anxiety treatment and whether it is right for you.
Learn more about TMS therapy from Dr. Aimee & Associates. Call us at 630-980-1400 or fill out our online form to request an appointment with one of our health professionals. Cook County and DuPage County residents often visit us from Carol Stream, IL, Hanover Park, IL, Schaumburg, IL, Bartlett, IL, Roselle, IL, Bloomingdale, IL and Addison, IL.